A Portrait of New Zealand Humour by Our Revolution
Our Revolution were engaged to create a new brand and suite of bottle labels that would bring to life a new range of New Zealand wines. With many pre-existing NZ wines in market and little previous back story for this range, the challenge was to create a unique narrative to promote the wine in a crowded category.
We combined New Zealand’s irreverent humour with animals synonymous with NZ such as the Kiwi to create a series of medieval portraits. With the hallmarks of traditional oil paintings contrasted against the unusual subjects, a tongue-in-cheek brand was born. We extended the conceptual idea to varietal names such as ‘Colonel Kiwi Pinot Noir’ and a brand story on the back label.
- Design Agency: Our Revolution
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: A Portrait of New Zealand Humour by Our Revolution
- Brand / Project Name: Noble Fellows Brand and Packaging Design
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Naming, Brand World, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Branding, Brand Creation, Brand Guidelines
- Location: Australia
- Market Country: Australia
- Market Region: Oceania
- Product Category: Wine
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle