A Pawsome New Brand Identity and Packaging Design for Webbox Naturals Pet Food
Challenge: Giving cats and dogs the diet they deserve, Webbox Natural’s range of vet approved food and treats are made with 100% real natural ingredients. The business has always invested in producing the best possible food for its furry consumers, but its packaging didn’t reflect this best in class status. So, now it was time to inject the same level of love into its brand.
Insight: Our category audit showed that the existing Naturals range lacked a strong identity, and a shortage of distinctive assets contributed to its lack of standout. It also became clear that the category as a whole used many redundant design codes with little differentiation between brands bar their logos.
Execution: With a clean slate, we set out to break the mould in the pet food category. We wanted to create a design aesthetic that jumped off the shelf, but one that was built around strong brand iconicity and that could flex to drive more emotional connections with pet owners beyond pack.
Avoiding the category’s clichéd pet photography and natural tones, a simple paw print holding device builds brand equity and, alongside a bold natural foliage design, conveys food as nature intended. It also blocks well on shelf to provide that all-important stand out.
Impact: Webbox Naturals now has a pawsome identity that can drive brand growth and initial reactions on social media show that we achieved what we set out to do:
“The new Webbox Naturals design certainly looks paw-some. It reflects what’s inside… just natural healthy ingredients. Your new design is very different from the usual pet food packaging so will be immediately recognisable the next time I’m looking for it on the supermarket shelf.” (Facebook)
“Your Naturals range in fancy new packaging is really good. It’s very reasonably priced for a good food and deserves more exposure to the public!” (Facebook)
- Design Agency: Brandon
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: A Pawsome New Brand Identity and Packaging Design for Webbox Naturals Pet Food
- Brand / Project Name: Webbox Naturals
- External Design Credits: Executive Creative Director - Steve Conchie, Brand Designer - Joe Bembridge, Junior Designer - Joe Wise
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Branding, Brand Redesign, Brand Rejuvenation, Rebranding
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Pets & Animals
- Consumer Packaging Format: Pouch, Tin
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Metal, Plastic