A New Explosion Beer
The project with the designer Andrea Basile (BasileADV) and the calligrapher Giuseppe Salerno (Resistenza) was ambitious from the start: to develop a spectacular label for a new product line, a label with strong presence, an immediately recognizable connection to that particular beer and to the brand’s fiery character.
Challenged by the industrial sector, the Italian artisan brewery Malti da Legare, launched a new recipe of their Amberly product, which, in line with its name, had to show an explosive label.
In fact the origin of the Stout-variety goes way back in time.
A beer produced during the 18th century in England, an imperial variety for the court of the Russian Czars, a beer for long journeys and cold winters.
That’s where this beer has its roots, where the intense flavour is originated, flavour that can be seen through an incredible richness of shades; a product transmitting the passion and dedication of its brewers starting from its own colours.
This beer will be a surprise even for truly experts and beer lovers, especially for those familiar with the deep fragrance of elaborate artisanal brews.
The result was an outstanding combination of scents, malt, cocoa bean, coffee and liquorice, all behind the icon of the Boom Ape.
This captivating design wants to keep the balance with the artisanal origins while giving the idea of a Molotov, a war of flavours with a dangerous neck label and a red sealing wax as cap to protect the “fuse”.
A game of irony between partying mood and explosive situations.
The label was realized on Arconvert’s Vacuum Metal Silver Lux, a metallised silver paper with high vacuum aluminum particles and high gloss grade.
This paper has quality and resistance standards and offers an incredible metallic finishing, which stimulates the sight as well as the fingertips.
A label with a mirror effect and moving reflections that reminds the fire sparks, perfectly handled by the printer La Commerciale.
Such a glossy paper was expertly counterposed to a matte writing, a BOOM that reminds us of suburban Graffiti and gives a young modern touch to a product that carries such an historic value.
- Design Agency: BasileADV - Resistenza
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: A New Explosion Beer
- Brand / Project Name: Stout Boom
- External Design Credits: Creative director Andrea Basile, Calligraphy Giuseppe Salerno, Photography Diego de Dominicis
- Production Credits: Printing La Commerciale, Papar Arconvert
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand World
- Design Deliverables: Illustration, Photography, Branding, Graphic Design
- Location: Italy
- Market Country: Multiple Countries
- Market Region: Global
- Product Category: Beer & Cider
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle, Tag
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle