Black Chambers and it’s collective of specialist barristers wanted to give it’s Chambers a new lease of life, and update both their website and identity to be more reflective of their progressive position within the legal community.
Polaris was tasked with re-engineering the Chambers identity and logotype to a more purposeful state, all whilst delivering a new, modern contemporary website capable of uniquely positioning the Chambers and its members in the legal community.
The brief for the project was articulated as:
A comprehensive overhaul of the existing website that supports functionality, but most importantly a more compelling visual aesthetic.
A better look and feel that is more aligned with the brand promise/commitment of the chambers.
Better visual communication with imagery that has a clear/defined visual theme.
A website that can be updated and maintained easily without large amounts of external intervention.
More consistent brand/visual communication rules – especially pertaining to typography and layouts.
Effective seo, with the inclusion of being able to assign each barrister to a practice area.
The ability to post publications and updates as required.
Our single minded and non-distracted proposition(s) throughout our design journey was to:
Refresh & reinvigorate the existing chambers website.
Ensure that the new website is as functional as it is progressive and modern.
A non-exhaustive list of words and phrases used within the creative concept delivery of the project included:
Progressive, Minimalist, Visually Appealing, Refined, Abstract, Accurate, Interesting, Modern, Functional, Resourceful, Unique.
- Agency/Creative: Polaris Branding
- Article Title: A Modern Refresh For a Firm of Specialist and Purposeful Barristers
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Australia
- Agency/Creative City: Sydney
- Market Region: Oceania
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Rejuvenation, Branding, Copywriting, Graphic Design, Logo Design, Web Design
- Industry: Information
- Keywords: Legal, Law, Barristers, Chambers, Brand Refresh, Visual Identity Refresh, Copywriting, Logo Design, Image Manipulation, Print & Digital Design, Website Design, SEO, Domain Management
Creative Director: John Norcic