Lopez Design conceived a strategic positioning and a conversational communication system for ‘AND Academy’, an online design upskilling platform, launched by the Indian Institute of Art and Design. We positioned AND Academy as a cohort-based upskilling platform specifically designed to transform careers through design courses.
The name AND comes from the core offering of the brand, Art ‘n’ Design or A ’n’ D. As a conjunction, it allows us to project it in addition to their existing professions, such as Engineering AND Design. The word ‘AND’ increases the brand name’s elasticity, extending the platform’s strength to future offerings and courses, aiding individuals to evolve towards their aspirations. We leveraged the conjunction ‘AND’ to bring out a conversational brand by joining two words, phrases and ideas with ‘AND as the bridge’ – to deliver compelling and relatable communications.
We developed a visual brand system by putting typography at the forefront. The custom logotype is a direct analogy of ‘stepping up the career’ by upskilling in design as it revolves around the transformative nature of design and the growth it leads to. The expanding type keeps the brand active and engaging. The variable font Antarctica by NewGlyph type foundry was used in its condensed form through a carefully crafted equation of type weight, condensation and size. The variable type applications complement its highly energetic and contemporary outlook. This approach created a unique visual stance, keeping the message at the centre of the design.
- Agency/Creative: Lopez Design Pvt. Ltd.
- Article Title: A Conversational Branding System for AND Academy
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: India
- Agency/Creative City: Gurgaon
- Market Region: Asia
- Project Deliverables: Brand Design, Brand Experience, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Branding, Design, Identity System, Logo Design, Motion Graphics, Type Design, Typography, User Experience, User Interaction, Web Design
- Industry: Education
- Keywords: Brand Strategy, Naming Strategy, Content Strategy, Brand Identity, Visual System, UX & UI Design, Print Design
Principal Designer: Anthony Lopez