A Connection to People, Passion and Creativity
The Social Studio is a not-for-profit social enterprise supporting young Australians from a refugee or migrant background through access to education and employment in the retail, hospitality and fashion industries. Located in the vibrant heart of Melbourne, their dual zone Collingwood retail space houses a cafe and catering service (The Cutting Table) and a fashion studio and digital printing studio.
Over the past two years we have been financial supporters of the organisation and in 2015 were asked to help evolve their branding and visual identity to give them stronger visual presence and confidence in the community. Following an informal investigation and interviews with both students and staff we explored several opportunities for the brand that brought to life the unique character, cultural diversity and depth of the organisation’s people.
In developing the final solution, The Social Studio’s philosophy was central to our human-centric design strategy; warmth, diversity and optimism. The brand colours and tribal-like patterns symbolise the connection to people, passion and creativity. The project scope includes interior architecture, exterior signage, website interface, catering collateral and stationary design.
- Design Agency: The Edison Agency
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: A Connection to People, Passion and Creativity
- Brand / Project Name: The Social Studio
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Branding, Brand Guidelines, Brand Experience
- Service Brand Application: Print Manual, Print Stationery, Spatial Interior
- Location: Australia
- Market Country: Australia
- Market Region: Oceania
- Project Keywords: Edison, Agency, Social, Studio, Brand, Design, Tone, Redesign
- Industry Category: Non-Profit