María & Bernardo Wine is a family-owned vineyard at the heart of México; Querétaro. This state is the only in the country with a truly unique wine history, a fact that can be appreciated in its heraldic shield with the use of vines. This is the main source of inspiration for this label.
The label works as an analogy; what we harvested in the past, is what we celebrate in the present. The background is a deconstructed and modernized version of Querétaro’s heraldic shield, in which I also took some of the historic words of the state to describe the wine itself. i.e “Muy Noble, Muy Leal” which translates to the English as “Very Noble, Very Loyal”.
The shape of the label is a reminiscence of paper tags founded in wine shops as a gesture of simplicity to such intricate design, turning the ordinary into extraordinary.
- Agency/Creative: Work by Lule
- Article Title: A Celebration of Heritage
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Market Region: South America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Packaging Design, Photography, Rebranding
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle