327 Creative Studio Create Packaging Design for Adufe Wine
The Adufe is a Portuguese percussion instrument, traditionally used in the Beira regions. A square frame drum made of pine, pulled leather and ribbons along the sides, with rice in its interior, so that when shaken, sounds like a soft tambourine. Based on its background, we came up with an illustration that portrayed both the instrument itself and the delicacy of female hands, as only women were allowed to touch and play the Adufe.
We bet on a two-color pallet, which are intended to symbolize a particularity of the construction of the Adufe – the skin used on one side comes from a male and on the other side from a female animal. The combination of rough materials (gray textured card) and typographic highlights allowed us to achieve a perfect balance between the tradition of the Adufe and a contemporary aesthetic.
Adufe is a wine that born from the respect fot the traditions of Beira Baixa. Vinified using modern winemaking techniques and the Touring Nacional with the Tinta Roriz and a bit of Syrah. Rounded by light ageing in French Oak a vibrant and remarkable wine like the sound of Adufe must be.
- Design Agency: 327 Creative Studio
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: 327 Creative Studio Create Packaging Design for Adufe Wine
- Brand / Project Name: Adufe
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand World
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Branding
- Location: Portugal
- Market Country: Portugal
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Wine
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Carton, Cardboard