Nimboo, a lifestyle company based out of Paris, approached us to create a brand that endeavours towards sustainability. They wanted to promote slow living in sync with nature while keeping a joyful outlook on life. Producing high-quality sustainable goods and in the process making at-home dining sociable & fun.
We wanted to create a brand within which sustainability is rooted on various points: environmentally, socially as well as economically. The process began with us exploring different mediums and styles. We settled on hand drawing the elements of the logo and combining it with a font that communicates the brand’s ideology. The logo was made responsive so it can adapt to digital and print mediums without losing its essence.
To extend the branding, we painted the circles using watercolours to further communicate that every product of the brand is handmade. Watercolour provided a perfect balance between opaqueness and translucency.
The products although made in India was to be sold in Paris, France. We needed to keep this in mind whilst designing various collaterals. This aspect heavily weighed in while deciding the font size and typography structure.
For packaging and printing, we decided to go with fabric recycled paper, honeycomb sheets, cotton tapes, rubber glue and indigo dyes. We wanted to promote slow living and one very good way to do it was to give out seeds in a glass jar. Thank you card was a last-minute touchpoint we decided to add, for which we used seed paper.
In this whole process of branding and packaging, we managed to used local vendors and manufacturers, henceforth trying to reduce as many carbon footprints as we could. The process was very detail-oriented and it’s one of the most tasteful brands we have had the opportunity to work on.
- Agency/Creative: Workplaydash Design
- Article Title: Workplaydash Design Create Nimboo Lifestyle Company Branding and Packaging Design
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: India
- Agency/Creative City: Mumbai
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Branding, Identity System, Illustration
- Industry: Fashion
- Keywords: lifestyle, homegrown, home decor, fashion
Brand Designer: Smriti Kariwal
Brand Strategist: Richa Kotian