Bombay Scarlett is a takeaway kitchen located in the suburbs of London, serving Indian vegan food. It is the brainchild of a Chef who happens to acquire her skills through generations of secret recipes that her ancestors passed on.
The biggest challenge we face when it comes to a takeaway kitchen’s is that the customer rarely interacts with the restaurant directly & hence fewer opportunities to leave an impression, which isn’t the case for dine-in services.
Hence, we decided to utilise the packaging & cutlery to impress our customers & stand apart from the crowd. For example, we went all out & specially designed containers that takes its inspiration from the typical Indian tiffin ( known as dabba).
I found this project rather inspirational thanks to the heritage & cultural background that provides the source of this authentic sense of Indian cuisine across borders in the western world.
The branding is deeply inspired by the family story which, mainly revolved around a maroon diary that holds the secret recipes to many traditional dishes.
- Agency/Creative: Vighnesh Dudani
- Article Title: Vighnesh Dudani Creates Bombay Scarlett Takeaway Kitchen Branding
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: India
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Branding, Packaging Design, Research
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Delivery, kitchen, Indian, London, vegan