Brand and packaging design for skincare brand, Vera. In Latin, Vera means to convey and speak truth. We designed a skincare brand that embodies exactly that – a brand that offers all natural, vegan, and sustainable skincare through honest and transparent messaging and ingredients. Vera’s hero ingredient is aloe vera because of the plant’s multitude of benefits. Not only can aloe vera moisturise and reduce wrinkles, but it can help fight acne, stretch marks and sunburn, making it a wonderful addition to skincare for those of any age.
The soft texturing, hand-drawn illustrations, and warm colour palette convey Vera’s natural ingredients and hand-made feel. In a market oversaturated with clinical packaging designs, Vera was created to meet a desire for natural remedies, drawing inspiration from home-made skin-care creams.
The wordmark resembles the elegant stems of aloe vera, with high-contrast letterforms complementing the various stroke widths used in the illustration. The use of fine lines and color blocking throughout the packaging creates a strong but gentle balance, whilst further enhancing the transparent and clear messaging across the pack.
- Agency/Creative: Fuman Design
- Article Title: Vera Brand and Packaging Design by Fuman
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Non Published
- Agency/Creative Country: New Zealand
- Agency/Creative City: Auckland
- Market Region: Oceania
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Branding, Creative Direction, Graphic Design, Illustration, Label Design, Packaging Design, Photography Styling, Product Design
- Format: Bottle, Box
- Substrate: Glass Bottle, Pulp Paper
- Industry: Fashion
- Keywords: fuman vera packaging typography natural skincare cosmetic
Creative Director: Jon Chapman-Smith
Designer: Sara Laninga