Tamar Dates, Native to the Middle East and tropical and desert climates, dates have many types – from sweet and fleshy Safawis and flaky yet chewy Khudris to juicy Medjools aka the “queen of dates,” there is a type for everyone out there.
Besides being delicious, Tamar dates are truly a remedial reserve, especially when it comes to fasting. Thanks to their high carbohydrate content that packs a lot of energy in such a small volume, they help to quickly renew empty carbohydrate stores, suppress sugar cravings and thus help you control your appetite throughout the day.
High in body-building amino acids, vitamins A, B and C, as well as many minerals such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, sodium, iron, zinc, copper and selenium, dates are truly a powerhouse of nutrients. However, they are also mostly made up of simple carbohydrates, mainly glucose and fructose, therefore like all foods, moderation is key when it comes to eating dates. Nutrition and dietetic specialist Demet Cerit of Acıbadem Atakent Hospital said excessive consumption of the sweet, syrupy fruit can lead to weight gain and imbalances in blood sugar.
Bar diabetics and those with insulin resistance, the health benefits of dates far outweigh its naturally high sugar content. Here are a few reasons why we should eat dates regularly, according to Cerit.
Tamar Dates are fruits rich in soluble dietary fibers, especially pectin. So how does this prolong satiety? Well, these fibers, which attract water, increase the fluidity of stomach content, therefore prolonging the time it spends in the stomach and provides a feeling of fullness, Cerit said. By including food high in fiber, such as dates in your iftars and sahurs and overall diet, as well as support this fiber intake by consuming plenty of water, you will have greater control over your appetite and be fuller for longer, she added.
- Agency/Creative: Malah Art
- Article Title: Tamar Dates Packaging Design Created by Malah Art
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Qatar
- Agency/Creative City: 67
- Market Region: Middle East
- Project Deliverables: Advertising, Art Direction, Beauty Photography, Brand Architecture, Brand Design, Brand Experience, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Brand Naming, Brand Redesign, Brand Strategy, Creative Direction, Graphic Design, Label Design, Packaging Design, Typography
- Format: Bottle, Bucket, Case, Jar
- Substrate: Glass Jar
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Food, Dates, Tree,
Ahmed El-Malah: Ahmed El-Malah