A zero-waste company, Genius Juice prides itself on using the whole coconut to create a creamy, delicious, extra nutritious smoothie using both the coconut water and coconut meat, while the husks are upcycled into coconut charcoal for detoxification products and generating energy.
Rook/NYC worked collaboratively with the company’s Founder, Alex Bayer, and his team, to refresh the brand identity and packaging design without losing the core essence of the brand.
“Refining the Genius brand identity and packaging design was a fun challenge. Nothing in the competitive set had a sense of human personality, so we worked hard to find the right balance of functional communication and playful tone. The result was a more disruptive, iconic look with clear product communication that more efficiently sells to the consumer.”
– Mark Christou, Co-Founder & Creative Partner, Rook/NYC.
Rook/NYC’s goals were to dial-up the flavor cues and create a clearer communication hierarchy system on-pack, while also maintaining the brand’s iconic equities and appealing to a wider audience. The result is a whimsical, flavorful design that quickly communicates to the consumer what the product is, what its key benefits are and what makes it so unique.
“ROOK is the epitome of a boutique design agency. They take pride and care for each and every client, are extremely accessible, and also enjoyable to work with. There’s no ego, simply just passion and sharing a common goal to make the best looking brand on the shelf while increasing velocity.” – Alex Bayer, Founder & CEO, Genius Juice
Genius Juice’s new packaging design hits shelves this month in Whole Foods, Costco and Sprouts.
- Agency/Creative: Rook/NYC
- Article Title: Rook/NYC Designs Playful Packaging Refresh for Shark Tank Success Story Genius Juice
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: New York City
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Packaging Design
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Plastic
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Beverage, Smoothie, Protein, Drink, Coconut, Functional Beverage, Drinks, Design, Branding, Brand Identity, Packaging, Packaging Design, Tone of Voice, Copywriting, Typography, Logo, Illustration, Graphic Design, Genius Juice, Shark Tank
Creative Partner: Mark Christou
Managing Partner: Rebecca Thomas Christou
Lead Designer: Mark Christou
Photographer: Tony Pierre