It started with a dream. In their early twenties Dirk Naert and Mieke Vandenberghe followed their passion and started Chocolaterie Carré from the ground. They opted for a niche product: authentic liqueur chocolates. Some frowned: “Why so difficult? And so corny! ”
During his training, master chocolatier Dirk had noticed that even top chocolatiers were afraid of pralines with a liquid filling. He threw himself fully into this adventure. For a year he labored to perfect the production process. Gourmets immediately fell in love with the pure taste of Dirk’s artisanal liqueur chocolates.
Thanks to the boundless creativity and passion of Dirk and Mieke, Chocolaterie Carré grew into a success. Their range now consists of more than 80 types of pralines. In addition to the classic liqueur and lawyer pralines, they also make surprising cocktail pralines. Even beer pralines are on the menu: for this they teamed up with Palm Breweries, Brewery Vander Ghinste and De Halve Maan. The wine chocolates are Big in Japan.
Chocolaterie Carré approached Quatre Mains to bring their innovative product to the retail market.. Inspired by their eclectic range of premium liqueur balls, the Bouboul brand of chocolate discovery was born. The Bouboul name is an affectionate reference to a cute and desirable ball shaped object, which worked perfectly with the petite and fascinating form of this chocolate liqueur.
Reflecting both the product shape and surprising experience, we created little ‘taste sensation worlds’ that illustrate the intriguing characteristics of each liqueur selection. Diving into a lazy tropical pool or sophisticated after-dinner scene, the central storytelling device invites the viewer in to discover more. From an outrageous Cosmopolitan or Mojito, to a classic Cognac or Irish Cream, each Bouboul liqueur is decorated with flamboyant and premium print styling. Pastel colours and tactile textures help complete a refreshing and modern look & feel best suited to the brands exclusive nature.
Cheers and to your health!
- Agency/Creative: Quatre Mains
- Article Title: Quatre Mains Creates a Bouboul Packaging Design for Liqueur Chocolates
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Belgium
- Market Region: Multiple Regions
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Photography, Product Naming, Research, Structural Design, Tone of Voice
- Format: Box, Case, Sleeve, Tray
- Substrate: Pulp Carton