Why would this bottle of gin contain both Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton? It’s very simple. GINIUS is the most genius gin ever. In its unique production process yesterday’s bread is turned into gin that not only pleases the environment but also the taste buds. 400 bottles contain 1,000 kilograms of bread from yesterday, which are saccharified and fermented in a complex process. This reduces food waste and protects the environment by saving resources. Therefore GINIUS is climate-neutral and sustainable.
I worked on the conception and design of GINIUS. I created a branding, naming and logo for the product and worked on the packaging design. As the production process is the USP of the product I incorporated it on the label with a line illustration. Furthermore I created a 3D visualisation and rendering of the packaging.
This project was realised in the in the course of an assignment for the university of applied sciences Salzburg, MultimediaArt.
- Agency/Creative: Denise Hödl
- Article Title: Packaging Design Concept for Genius, a Gin with a Very Special Production Process
- Organisation/Entity: Student, Non Published Concept Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Austria
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Product Naming
- Format: Bottle, Tube
- Substrate: Glass Bottle