We partnered with Raphael Rowe Foundation right at the beginning. The foundation was set up by Raphael Rowe, Netflix’s world’s toughest prisons host – who spent 12 years of his life in prison for crimes he didn’t commit. Which inspired him to make positive changes in prison systems throughout the world and set up Raphael Rowe Foundation.
Our role in this project was to define a brand and visual communication strategy for the foundation. This was a highly collaborative process with the appointed CEO, Gareth Parker. We focussed heavily on how we articulated the vision, the mission and what the core values were. The tone of voice was determined as guiding principles for future communications. These elements were vital in our design team to translate into a visual system.
We created a bright and bold brand identity that was routed in its values. With a logo that spoke both what RRF are aiming to achieve (A platform for people in prison) and how simple that message must be.
We then created a key slogan; Rethink, Rehumanise, Reintegrate. To support the communications strategy and providing the intended audience with a perspective and forced observation. We also created three custom icons for each pillar.
The brand strategy was approved amongst key stakeholders and an advisory board that were brought in by Raphael Rowe. Our strategy and solution now provide his team with the tools to communicate the foundations mission consistently and effectively.
We’ve since been brought into the working group and help the Raphael Rowe Foundation on a number of creative projects, including their official launch strategy, website build and Raphael’s media tour with Netflix and the BBC.
- Agency/Creative: OCD Studio
- Article Title: OCD Studio Creates Brand and Visual Communication for Raphael Rowe Foundation
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Non Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Agency/Creative City: London
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Experience, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Brand Strategy, Brand Tone of Voice, Branding, Icon Design, Logo Design, Research, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Non-Profit
- Keywords: charity, NGO, global mission, positive impact, challenger brand, brand identity, graphic design, helping people, donations
Creative Director: Oliver Cooke
Copy Writer: Jonny Cobb
Graphic Designer: Maxwell Ellis