Highland Cinema was set to open its doors in May 2020. But in September after a wee bump in the road called “Covid19”! A exciting addition to the Fort William’s high street is now finally open. This modern, purpose-built filmhouse is styled on a traditional croft with iconic red iron roof.
This became the main inspiration for the logo, as we wanted to quickly turn the cinema into a strong local landmark that everyone would identify with. My Creative also brought this concept to life with a bit of motion, using film perforations to animate the corrugated iron roof. Adding to this with a series of animated point of sales icons that could be used throughout the cinemas promotions on and offline.
The film perforations or sprocket holes became a motif across the brand identity. That was used on the buildings windows in place of the standard Glass Manifestations. As well as the menu pages and other touchpoints.
Deliverables included: Branding strategy, logo mark, identity system, illustration, custom typeface, menu design, awning and canopy, print collateral, exterior signage, merchandise and packaging design.
- Agency/Creative: My Creative
- Article Title: New Independent Cinema Opens in the Highlands Designed My Creative
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Research, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Entertainment