About Client: Mitchell Starc is one the world’s most lethal fast bowlers in all three forms of the game, T20, ODI and Tests. He was named Player of the Tournament at the 2015 ICC World Cup after capturing 22 victims, has bowled the fastest ball ever in Test cricket and has now taken 167 Test wickets with his left arm thunderbolts. Aged just 27, he is a genuine superstar of the game and the story continues.
About the Project:
The brief is to produce a premium branding that conveys speed, elegance and embed the number “56” along with Mitch’s initial in the Identity Mark. We went through a lot of thinking and brainstorming but it was worth the final piece that we can proud of, The logo reads MS56 no matter how you read it, from left to right or up down. The negative space in the M represents the two stumps left, indicating the Cricketer has hit one of three.
- Agency/Creative: Albert Salim
- Article Title: MS56 Mitchell Starc Logo by Albert Salim
- Organisation/Entity: In-house, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Australia
- Market Region: Oceania
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Experience, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Identity System, Packaging Design, Product Architecture, Product Naming, Research, Tone of Voice
- Format: Wrap
- Substrate: Wood