We were commissioned to design the new series for a wine estate that uses only natural and biodynamic methods of vine cultivation and wine making. Each label of the 3 series demonstrates a freehand sketch – note, of an important state of vine cultivating. The wind and solar cycle direction in regard of the vine tree, on the Chardonnay, the soil consistency and shape on the Mavro & Tragano variety, and the pruning height line of the vine tree on the Prorogos variety. The handmade sketch as well as the theme of the illustrations aims to promote the natural and biodynamic culture and methods of cultivation and wine making. The gold foil emboss overprint on the hand drawn sketches that create a light and shadow play, is a visual comment on the value and importance of simplicity and traditional wisdom. More over the sketches signify the importance of a unique character of every variety (even bottle).
The white labels visually refer to a wine wine and the dark label to a red wine. The vertical bold typography on the edge of the label give more space than that of a horizontal layout, for a distinct wine variety title visible from a distance even in between competitor labels on a shopping display. As part of the overall branding of the wines, the wine bottles were placed in a minimal dark grey environment accompanied with the presence of a dark rock sometimes in a floating state. The minimal environment, the dramatic lighting and the unnatural gravity, all play their roles for the wine labels, to stand out.
- Agency/Creative: deworks.co
- Article Title: Mikrobio Wine Series Branding and Design
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Greece
- Agency/Creative City: Athens
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: 2D Design, 3D Design, Art Direction, Brand Creation, Branding, Creative Direction, Illustration, Packaging Design
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: #winelabels #labeldesign #label #greekwine #winebottle #branding #goldfoil #winepackaging #packagingdesign #packaging #minimalpackaging #minimaldesign #chardonnaylabel #chardonnay #mavrotragano #prorogos #biodynamic #biodynamicwines #naturalwines #demeter #wine #deworksco
Head Designer/Director: Demetrios Tzavaras