Urania is a future subscription box service which aims to support the betterment of our home planet with eco-centric travel products. Urania’s platform allows consumers to discover unique items which are designed for our future as an interplanetary species, with each edition focusing on potential challenges we may face when exploring our solar system, or beyond.
Inspired by the naming of our known universe, the brand name “Urania” represents the Greek Goddess of the same name, acting as ‘the muse of astronomy’ for Earths future generations.
To correspond with Urania’s service, a series of eight brand patterns were created to represent the planets found in our solar system, all of which will receive their own corresponding box theme.
The visualisation of Urania’s brand identity is heavily focused on captivating the audience, whilst providing a unique perspective on our solar system. Utilising the atypical and abstract format of the brand pattern designs in conjunction with a minimal, all-black backdrop, the packaging is able to replicate the ‘mystery’ associated with outer space and our solar system – invoking a sense of discovery within the audience, and maintaining engagement throughout the unboxing experience.
Conceptualisation of the brand logo focused heavily on creating a symbolic icon to encapsulate Urania’s motivations and ethos. The finalised brand mark represents Urania’s forward thinking nature, whilst additionally acting as symbol for future development and evolution.
As well as the individual box items, each edition includes additional informational material to promote the specified theme. Including such material was an important consideration to uphold Urania’s mission to educate, motivate and prepare society for an interplanetary future.
Urania’s primary goal is to utilise future technology and advancements to inspire exploration beyond Earth, whilst at the same time promoting the preservation of our home planet.
For when we ascend, we should not relinquish.
- Agency/Creative: Lewis France
- Article Title: Lewis France Designs Subscription Box Service for an Interplanetary Society
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Non Published Concept Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Multiple Regions
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Packaging Design, Product Naming, Research, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Education
- Keywords: Space, Solar System, Branding, Logo, Identity, Packaging, Future, Interplanetary