Located in downtown Tampa, Gen X is the bridge from the throwback to now. Offering high-quality service, food, and drinks, Gen X celebrates the era of high-waisted jeans, fanny packs, and the Running Man. The branding of Gen X Tavern infuses a modern twist into an age of nostalgia with playful graphics and typography paired with a bold pop of color and imagery reminiscent of the 80s and 90s.
Gen X Tavern pays homage to the period of time—if you were there—that everyone loves to reminisce about. Gen X offers not just a window into the decades that helped shape us, but a mirror that shows who we have become today. The jeans may be a little tighter and the dance moves a little funkier, but at the end of the day we all have something in common, and the branding of Gen X brings this to life in high-def.
Decked out in the fads of the 1980s and 1990s with a contemporary twist, Gen X’s guests will feel like they’ve stepped into a time machine.
When developing this concept, we chose typography with a vintage vibe to reinforce an established look and feel. We also illustrated custom, lighthearted graphics to let the sense of humor and liveliness of the shareholders shine through. This feeling is ultimately communicated through every aspect of the brand, whether it be business cards, employee uniforms, or menus.
With a decked out interior and floor-to-ceiling nostalgia, Gen X Tavern has quickly become one of Tampa’s most uniquie hangouts. Whether for a quick bite to eat before a Lightning game, or a late-night stroll into yesteryear — Gen X is where you’ll be finding the Hype team for the foreseeable future.
- Agency/Creative: Hype Group
- Article Title: Hype Group Designs Throwback Brand for Tampa’s Gen X Tavern
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Experience, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Photography, Research, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Restaurant, Bar, Branding, Restaurant Branding, Menu, Interior, Merch, Gen X