Rising from the ashes of an industrial past, The Ironworks is a symbol of Holbeck’s (Leeds, UK) pride and heritage. The development, as well as its brand identity, needed to carry forward the area’s rich history of creativity, becoming a hardened beacon of strength in the area as time passes.
Holbeck Urban Village in Leeds has a rich, industrial heritage. But as the city becomes more attractive to the creative and tech-savvy urban dweller from all over the country, the challenge was to build a brand that respected the heritage of the area whilst speaking to the needs of people looking for a flexible living community fit for the modern digital age.
Ideas for The Ironworks logo originated from the historic forge, incorporating it into the first letter. Inspired by textures and shapes found around The Ironworks development, a new font and a range of flexible design elements to be used across the digital spectrum. The single line illustrations were influenced by movement of hot melted iron, denoting energy and movement forward but also providing some personality that reflect the friendly Northern attitude of Leeds.
- Agency/Creative: Elmwood Brand Design
- Article Title: Forged From the Past, Built for the Future. The Ironworks by Elmwood Brand Design
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Branding, Identity System, Research, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Real Estate
- Keywords: Brand identity, Logo, Brand Strategy, The Ironworks, Elmwood Brand Design