We’re submitting a recent project we did for a Canada based singer and songwriter named Cleo Valentine. We designed the cover of her first single ‘Thinking About It’. We also designed her identity, including a logo, Instagram feed & Youtube Visuals.
The song was released on February 14th this year, and it represents the main stages of meeting someone. It’s a beautiful song and we’re so proud to have taken part in this project.
We went for a minimal look and feel overrall, using a clean serif and monochrome tones to match the song’s vibes. The font we used here it’s Canela thin by Commercial Type & Neue Haas Grotesk on Adobe Fonts. We felt the combination between a serif and a sans serif font was exactly what this cover needed. Cleo’s style is modern & contemporary, but we also felt that a serif font would relate to the song perfectly.
Cleo Valentine is also a photographer, so we used her photographs for the identity, as way to mix her work, and make it more personal and unique.
This first release we went for black and white, but the idea to incorporate color in the future it’s there, and we feel that having the first in black and white is a good gateway into adding color later.
The logo is very simple yet very eye catching, the idea is for her to be able to represent herself and her work through that logo, and for it to be timeless. It works very well in relation with other sans serif fonts, and for this release, we used the same font in the logo and in the cover. We loved this.
- Agency/Creative: By Beyond
- Article Title: Cleo Valentine Thinking About It Cover Design By Beyond
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Digital
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Canada
- Agency/Creative City: Toronto
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity
- Industry: Mass Media
- Keywords: music, cd cover, cover design, minimal cover, graphic design, design, black and white, minimal
Musician: Cleo Valentine