Anthema produces foods with a common denominator of the minimum possible processing of organic raw materials for a result of high nutritional value. The final products are Organic, Sugar Free, Gluten Free and mostly Vegan.
Their nutrition laboratory instructed us to design the packaging for a range of organic products such as cookies. The series consists of five flavors. Aronia cookies, almond cookies with sesame and black sesame, peanut butter cookies and almond cookies with praline, but in each case without sugar, gluten free and with no animal products or preservatives.
We initially chose to photograph the contents of the box and include it in the design, combining it with graphic elements. The reasoning we worked on for the cookies was simple. Their appearance exudes spontaneity, childishness and lightness. Although these cookies are not primarily aimed for children as the main buyer, we wanted to make a subconscious reference to the period when adults now saw a cookie as the ideal delicacy to accompany their breakfast. So we gave life and energy to cookies with five simple illustrations, while we chose the fonts of the titles and texts with the same logic. The illustrations depict the product with a funny twist! Kids, as cookies, playing in various poses in white clean backround, while the prommotional box, including all flavours, is designed as a grassy playground to give a first glance of the products, as well as not only the naturality of the products, but the company’s values.
- Agency/Creative: Circus Design Studio
- Article Title: Circus Design Studio Creates Packaging Design for Anthema Cookies
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Greece
- Agency/Creative City: Volos/Greece
- Market Region: Europe, Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Design, Brand Mark, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design
- Format: Box
- Substrate: Pulp Paper
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: bio, products, cookies, vegan, kids, funny, sweets, nutritional, gluten free
Photographer: Mike Chatzigiannis