Project Background and History:When the new owners of a former Jellystone RV campsite in the Adirondacks acquired the family-friendly property, they knew it was key to update the brand, yet still maintain an experience that felt authentic, relatable, and inviting to the current customer base.
In doing so, there was an opportunity to create a new brand that would be more widely appealing, capitalizing on the beauty of the surrounding area and the unique history of the property.
The Brand Concept:After some initial research, a concept was developed for the property which leveraged its 1969 founding and coincided nicely with the birth of the Jellystone franchise (also in July of 1969) — giving us a way to pay tribute to its roots. The resulting brand identity has elements of this early 70’s aesthetic (most notably within the typography and color palette) and the new name, Camp Tin Box, is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the RV lifestyle.
Roles and Project Deliverables: For the project, my roles included creating the brand concept and positioning, graphic design (logos, visual identity, and brand standards), design of the brand applications, and I led the creative direction for the naming and copy. The brand applications which were designed included key hospitality and retail items such as enamel mugs, t-shirts, hotel keys, tote bags, embroidered patches and enamel pins. Many of these items are intended to be sold in the gift shop and will also be featured as in-room hospitality items.
- Agency/Creative: Christine Clayton Design
- Article Title: Christine Clayton Design Creates Camp Tin Box Brand Identity Design
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: Christine Clayton Design/New York
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Brand Tone of Voice, Creative Direction, Identity System, Logo Design, Packaging Design
- Industry: Hospitality
- Keywords: Hospitality Branding and Identity Design
Designer & Creative Director: Naming & Copy,: Christine Clayton