Experiments in the “late harvest” category are always interesting and unique. After all, the creation of such wines is a risk for the producer, which is justified only in case of success. Therefore, the development of label design for such wines has its own specifics, which has to reflect the special character of the drink. The Moldovan company Chateau Cristi succeeded with such an experiment, and we were tasked to create a visual image that would preserve the overall aesthetics of the brand, and, at the same time, convey the exclusivity of this wine. This is how the label design for Chateau Cristi Late Harvest Cabernet Sauvignon was developed.
The main accent in the Chateau Cristi Late Harvest label is the type of wine itself, which is a first for the winemaker. The cursive Late Harvest inscription is in the centre of the label and is highlighted with red tactile varnish. This varnish was also used to add volume to the Chateau Cristi lettering, while the heraldic element of the logo, which was also updated for this design, is made using the debossing technique. In combination, these technologies create a full-fledged three-dimensional effect that makes interaction with the product more intriguing and makes you look at the label in more detail, while the wine shines right through it. The label also follows the contours of the bottle, which is smaller and sleeker than the standard wine bottle. A more elegant look for a quite elegant wine that was created to be savoured slow and thoughtfully.
- Agency/Creative: 43oz Design Studio
- Article Title: Chateau Cristi Late Harvest Wine Label Design by 43oz Design Studio
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Moldova
- Agency/Creative City: Chisinau
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Graphic Design, Packaging Design, Photography
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass, Glass Bottle, Pulp Paper
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: 43oz, Design Studio, Chateau Cristi, Late Harvest, Moldova, Wine Label, Label Design, Deboss, Tactile Varnish, Coat of Arms, Packaging Design
Creative Director: Alex Kodimsky