In 2016-2017, Erohnovich Roman (also known as whomakesit) with his team created an identity system for a brand new event agency prostorcrew. Within three years, a new low-cost agency has become a significant player in the market — partly due to the qualitative approach to visual communication. In 2019, prostorcrew made a breakthrough: first, with Porsche Sportscar Together Day and then, Redbull Soundclash.
In a new identity system, Roman manifests a comprehensive approach to business, life, and art: chaos as a system and the system as chaos. New identity does not oppose them: one is the consequence of others.
Prostocrew is business and art, work and action-packed movement, budget tables and watching the sunsets on the site. This way, the team has created a series of layouts that may seem unstructured from the outside, but that is, in fact, based on principles of modular design and strict grid.
The ‘chaos-system’ metaphor is reflected in graphical tools:
Modular design: random, chaotic visuals are, in fact, built using a strict grid. This is a visualization of how confusion and chaos can live within the guidelines of modularity and system laws. This is a key graphic metaphor that can be traced in all our media. Animated shapes: they bring dynamics to the design and make the layout perception more difficult, as well as support and highlight the chaos effect.
Typography: own Nudla typeface, as a strict grotesque in modern style, gets the system by the balls and stops it from falling apart. Creative 3D illustrations and animations: they complement the visual imagery and expand the variability of media usage. Color model: gives an affirmative and sometimes aggressive note to communication.
- Agency/Creative: whomakesit
- Article Title: “Chaotic” identity system for big Russian event-marketing company
- Organisation/Entity: Network, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Russia
- Market Region: Multiple Regions
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Research, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: Graphic design, brand identity, design, brand guidelines,