Carneros – Spanish for “rams” – is just one of the famed AVAs that make up the Sonoma County wine region. Ram’s Gate Winery provides a welcome introduction to the wine explorer as they enter this special place.
Ram’s Gate Winery engaged CF Napa Brand Design to refresh their wine packaging to reflect a more youthful, modern, and feminine sensibility without alienating their existing loyal customer base. Additionally, they needed to create greater differentiation between their tiers while maintaining a cohesive family look.
CF Napa Brand Design re-illustrated the winery’s iconic ram’s head logo utilizing a minimalistic silhouette – giving it a more organic, handcrafted feel. This new logo became the common thread that connected all the wines, and its placement on the label and foil treatment color transformed across tiers, further aiding in differentiation. The base tier utilized a silver foil and a left aligned type stack to evoke the casual, easy-drinking nature of the wines. The Cellar Note tier was designed for the wine enthusiast, providing transparency by showcasing the wines’ technical aspects on the front label. As the wines laddered up, the label hierarchy followed a more traditional structure with increasingly minimal text and the icon taking center stage. The single vineyard tier displayed the premium vineyard information underneath a copper ram’s head. The highest tier, the estate tier, packaging transformed to an elegant black color scheme and gilded ram’s head.
The new packaging design reflects the premium offering of the winery and reinforces its place as a Sonoma icon.
- Agency/Creative: CF Napa Brand Design
- Article Title: CF Napa Refreshes a Sonoma Icon for Ram’s Gate Winery
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: Napa
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Architecture, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Brand Redesign, Brand Refinement, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Strategy, Branding, Creative Direction, Design, Graphic Design, Icon Design, Identity System, Illustration, Label Design, Logo Design, Packaging Design, Product Design, Rebranding
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass, Glass Bottle, Pulp Paper
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: CF Napa Brand Design, Ram’s Gate Winery, Wine, Sonoma, Carneros, Packaging, Packaging Design, Graphic Design, Branding
Creative Principal: David Schuemann
Design Director: Antonio Rivera
Designer: Antonio Rivera
Designer: Joni Stringfield
Designer: Teddy Kurniawan
Illustrator: Joni Stringfield