Cá Bay: the highest quality fair trade chocolate, manufactured in a factory in Binh Thuan using the most up to date technology. For this project, goal was to make chocolate packaging design that stands out from competitors by having an attractive and playful pattern but yet keeping the premium quality vibes. Our challenge was to give this gourmet experience a face, and the possibilities were endless.
While Cá Bay were busy testing the optimal taste directions for their chocolate, we created the perfect stage for the brand presentation. The visual design approach covers all aspect of the brand’s on- and offline presence, from logo, color palette and typography to packaging and trade show presentations.
The new identity is clear and emphatic. Cá Bay is boldly positioning itself as a brand of bean-to-bar chocolate—self assured and modern. The website, cabay.co, with its integrated online shop, completes the brand experience. Cábay’s entrance to the market with confidence moving forward caused ripples among the media.
The packaging for Cá Bay takes the moving-point patterns as the master concept. Enlarged and simplified, it creates a stronger look, making the chocolate flavor clear, while showing the connection to the brand story by using points that are moving to fit for purpose.
Because we cared passionately, we ended up with the best result: packaging you want to grab off the shelf, a thematic solution to our expanding product line in the future, that scales, and costs less and is easy to produce.
- Agency/Creative: Brand Intheblack
- Article Title: Cá Bay Chocolate Packaging Design by Brand Intheblack
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Vietnam
- Agency/Creative City: Ho Chi Minh
- Market Region: Asia
- Project Deliverables: Brand Design, Brand Experience, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Packaging Design, Packaging Guidelines
- Format: Box
- Substrate: Pulp Paper
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Cá Bay, Chocolate, F&B, Branding, Packaging, Ideas
bCreative Director: Naul Hink
Art Director: July N
Illustrator: Zoe Phan
Graphic Designer: Bobby Cao
Copywriting: Thomas Lee