Alder Beer Co. is the new venture of Marco Valeriani, one of the most famous Italian brewers who was twice named “brewer of the year” in his home country.
Alder trees are commonly found in Brianza, the area at the foot of the Alps between Milan and Lake Como where that the brewery calls home. Unusually, their wood doesn’t rot when waterlogged, instead turning stronger and harder.
Alder’s brand identity is inspired by nature’s most rugged character, resulting in a bold, allcaps lettering and a stylised leaf logomark, an eye-catching colour scheme and a confident packaging that strips back unnecessary graphic details in favour of the brand name and the technical details of their beers.
- Agency/Creative: ByVolume
- Article Title: ByVolume Creates Brand Identity and Packaging Design for Alder Beer Co.
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Tone of Voice
- Format: Can
- Substrate: Metal