The shopping center is located on two floors of an apartment complex in a prestigious area of Moscow. That’s why it is called THE DOM. This space accommodates more than a hundred salons, showrooms and galleries of premium furniture. Task was to develop the identity of the new shopping center.
The naming influences the graphic solution: the key element of the identity is the logo, where the word DOM consists of geometric shapes. This solution allows to read a word in both Russian and English languages. And the symbol of a house in the logo strengthens the overall idea. The logo forms a pattern that brands any surface: from the letterhead to the interior of the shopping center. The logo also works as a superimposed graphics — it is integrated into the image, showing the unity of THE DOM and the interior. The Twentytwelve Sans G font is perfect for this project. This is a modern stylish grotesque. Its character reflects the features of a fashionable interior-strictness, plasticity. The monochrome identity style emphasizes brevity and premium.
Competitors of THE DOM look conservative, so it was important to stand out from their background. As a result of the research was determined the main target audience — architects and interior designers. Most wealthy people use their services. Talented designers of interior follow fashion and create new trends. Therefore, the graphic solution focuses on geometry, contrast, and typography. The identity of this unique shopping center will change the visual language in the industry. THE DOM. Welcome
- Agency/Creative: cherkasov design
- Article Title: Brand Identity for the THE DOM – Centre of Fashion Interiors
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Russia
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Photography, Research, Retail Brand Design
- Industry: Retail
- Keywords: Brand, Visual identity, Corporate identity, Logotype, Graphic design, Print design, Typography, Minimal, Black, Store, Shopping center, Furniture, House, Dom