The project was born from an ambitious idea to escape from the image that our subconscious associates with the hostel. An idea related to haste and low quality, without emotion or experience. Bastard wanted to change that, starting by taking care of both the spaces and their identity and under the protection of a revolutionary approach, a new concept and the implementation of new technologies. Welcome to Bastardo, come in without calling.
Bastard, is the illegitimate son of the hotel born to break the rules and vindicate the lost spirit of the true traveler, like those romantic travelers who were looking for an experience for the soul and spirit. A hostel for #haters of the world, revealing a cosmopolitan concept with a certain degree of sophistication. We mix cultures, styles and citizens of the world. Our inhabitants are demanding. For this, we appropriate the punk aesthetics and the form of the pamphlets, the underground culture and condensed typographies creating a unique story, where in each room you can find the story of the most famous bastards in history from Leonardo DaVinci to Patti Smith or Gandhi. Everything to create an atmosphere #hater and that coexists perfectly with the mythical neighborhood of the movida Madrileña, Malasaña.
- Agency/Creative: Salvartes Design
- Article Title: Bastardo, Un Hotel Ilegítimo
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Spain
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Research
- Industry: Hospitality
- Keywords: hostel, hotel, brand, brand design, Madrid, Spain