Special One soda is a social project dedicated to reduce the stigma of mental disorders among young people. Five tastes correspond to the five most common personality disorders, whose features are shown using graphic metaphors on the front of the can. For example, the cherry taste has information about dissociative disorder, known for multiple personalities inside one person. Banana taste tells you about people with bipolar-affective disorder, which constantly experience mood swings from mania to depression. Grapes taste corresponds to obsessive-compulsive disorder. To ease their contamination fears, people suffering from this disease may compulsively wash their hands until they’re sore and chapped.
On the back of the can you can read general information about the disease and find out the first symptoms. The packaging also has augmented reality — if you point the camera at the front side of the can, an animation will show you an interesting fact about the disease. For instance, 75% of people with narcissistic personality disorder are men. Adults aged 18-25 have the highest prevalence of mental illnesses (30%). Schizophrenia first appears during late teens or early 20s. 46% of adults in US will experience a mental illness during their life. With dissociative identity disorder you can have over 10 personalities. At the click of a button, you can take a test for the first signs of a personality disorder. The aim of the project is to raise awareness of young people about their mental health and make this topic less taboo.
- Agency/Creative: Gosha Chubukin
- Article Title: An Honest Soda About Mental Disorders Created by Student Gosha Chubukin
- Organisation/Entity: Student
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Russia
- Agency/Creative City: Moscow
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: 2D Design, 3D Modelling, Animation, Art Direction, Augmented Reality, Brand Creation, Brand Naming, Design
- Format: Can
- Substrate: Metal
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: packaging, soda, beverage, augmented reality, AR, mental disorder
Tutor: Leonid Slavin