The Confédération Européenne de Volleyball or CEV is the continental governing body for Volleyball in Europe. We worked with them to build a brand from the ground up that would encapsulate the future of Volleyball.
The Volleymark – Born from inspiration of the flags of all 56 European Nations, the Volleymark is the centrepiece of the brand identity. The shapes and angles illuminate the spectacular moments that transcend the sport.
Bringing Europe together – Once keylined, we used the flags as direct inspiration for the Volleymark. The angles in the design directly reference the angles used in the country flags. The final design is contained within the circular shape representing the volleyball.
Sub-Brands & Competitions – We devised a clear branding system where each of the main competitions (National, Club, Beach and Snow) had a unique colour palette and crest, with smaller horizontal badges for the sub-competitions that sit underneath each sector.
The display typeface is a classic geometric sans serif with a modern and energetic twist. A number of interesting angled letterforms represent the movement and fast-paced nature of the sport and are inspired by the angles found in the Volleymark.
As the brand needed to be seen at all scales and on a wide-range of deliverables, we created a graphic device from the volleymark that can be cropped and used as a brand asset to create dynamic compositions.
“At CEV we recognised it was time for change and we now have Alphabet as a partner who are bringing new ideas and a new energy to European Volleyball.” Aleksandar Boričić, CEV President
- Agency/Creative: Alphabet
- Article Title: Alphabet Brand the Future of European Volleyball
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Rebranding
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: Volleyball, Sport, Branding, Corporate Brand, Sub-brands, Crest Design, Trophy Design, Medal Design