Intrepid explorers Tom and Will founded Salkan after meeting in the Alps. They bonded over their love of travel and shared frustrations of not being able to find the perfect travellers backpack. Once back in the UK they set up business and began designing their first bag.
They named this new venture Salkan. Taken from the Salkantay trek, a lesser-known route to Machu Picchu. It translates to mean ‘wild and adventurous’, and encompasses much of the spirit and ethos they hold towards travelling and backpacking.
Creating a collection of hand drawn illustrations we captured the excitement of travel and memorable experiences we associate it with. Everything from tuk tuks to elephants, backpacks to mini buses, and passports to monkeys!
- Agency/Creative: Claire Hartley
- Article Title: A Hand-illustrated Identity for a Backpack Brand Born From the Love of Travel
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Research
- Industry: Fashion
- Keywords: Travel, backpack, fashion, bag, explorer, branding