Wine Label Design Inspired by 1960s Op-art
Casa Cardona wines are the culmination of an exciting community-born project by a group of friends from the beautiful Cardona Square, Barcelona. The personality of the female founders can be savoured in each of its varieties.
The portraits are the result of a series of lighting experiments focused on illusion and perception, capturing depth and motion effects onto two-dimensional surfaces. While the artwork is genuinely inspired by the 1960s Op-art paintings of Bridget Riley and Victor Vasarely, the choice of Fivo Sans Modern typeface evokes the same period—when Aldo Novarese’s Eurostile was widely used.
- Design Agency: Marcal.net
- Organisation/Project Type: Freelance, Published Self Promotional Design
- Article Title: Wine Label Design Inspired by 1960s Op-art
- Brand / Project Name: Casa Cardona wines
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand World
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Photography, Brand Identity, Branding, Graphic Design
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: Spain
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Packaging
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle, Box
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle, Pulp Carton, Pulp Paper