Wine and Prehistoric Rock Art in The Côa Valley Packaging Design
M&A Creative Agency – Gravuras do Côa – Mateus & Sequeira Vinhos
Gravuras do Côa honors the ingenuity and creative drive of the ancestors that called this land home 20,000 years ago.
This special project is steeped in heritage and craftsmanship, paying homage to the artisans that inhabited this stunning landscape. With innovative and complex printing processes, we created the first tri-dimensional label under a skin silver plate, creating a textural label that’s as beautiful to look at as it is to touch.
The special-edition packaging was a remarkable work of collaboration, which combined the design prowess of our development team and the woodworking skills of experienced artisans.
The result was two stunning wood boxes made of aged linden and lined with luxurious black and white velvet. Both boxes were painted in harmony with the wines: the Red in black and the White with a natural grain finish.
With its exclusive signature and exquisite craftsmanship, this project is the perfect expression of the vibrant stories we continue to uncover in “Vila Nova de Foz Côa.”
- Design Agency: M&A Creative Agency
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency Commercial, Published
- Article Title: Wine and Prehistoric Rock Art in The Côa Valley Packaging Design
- Brand / Project Name: Gravuras do Côa - Mateus & Sequeira Vinhos
- Project Type: Consumer Brand Creation
- Design Deliverables: Consumer Graphic Packaging Design
- Location: Portugal
- Market Country: Portugal
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Wine
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle, Box, Tin
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass, Pulp Paper