Williams Murray Hamm – AMC Kit Range Launch
Castore is a premium, high-performance sportswear brand for men who take sports and training seriously. After their launch in 2016, the brand has seen success despite being a relatively unknown contender in the industry. Earlier this year they agreed a partnership deal with Andy Murray
(who was already a fan of the brand), aiming to get wider global exposure. Together they created a new standard of tennis apparel with the AMC range.
WMH were asked to create a film to raise Castore’s profile and announce the AMC launch.
“You can’t control whatever somebody else does but you can control what you do. There
is no opponent, only you” – Andy Murray, 2019.
On the court. Whatever the weather, regardless of career-ending injuries. No fuss, no excuses. Simple. Just Andy vs Andy. When you’re in pursuit of progress, there are no bounds. ‘Better never stops’ is a core belief that Andy and Castore genuinely share and our aim was to epitomise it in this film, capturing a ‘fly on the wall’ viewpoint of Andy Murray’s gritty, gutsy training routine.
The AMC range was launched with the film on 18 November 2019 on Castore.com, in their pop-up store on King’s road and in Selfridges. This coincides with the start of the Davis Cup in Madrid.
Despite both limited production budget (£12,000) and media exposure, the film reached over 71K views on Twitter within 24h of being launched.
- Design Agency: Williams Murray Hamm
- Article Title: Williams Murray Hamm – AMC Kit Range Launch
- Brand / Project Name: AMC kit range launch
- Client: Castore
- Extra: Advertising Agency: Williams Murray Hamm, London UK, Creative Director / Writer & Director: Garrick Hamm, 1st Assistant Director & Art Director: Holly Mattacott-Darrah, Account Director: Emmanuelle Hilson, Producer: Imogen Turner, Director of Photography: Tom Hayward, Editor: Sam Billinge, Colourist: Enge Gray / Platform, Sound: Sean Poe
- Industry Category: Fashion