One of the whisky world’s most esteemed entrepreneurs and master distillers, Billy Walker of Ben Riach fame, had a new project White Heather Single Malt Scotch Whisky. While Single Malts had long been seen as superior to blended Scotch, Billy’s new ultra-premium offering, White Heather, was going to set the record straight. Our task? Make blended whisky covetable again.
As Scottish legend has it, the elusive White Heather brings good fortune to all who find it. But if you’re holding a bottle of White Heather, you’re already one of the lucky ones; for blends of this quality are as rare as its namesake.
Our brand sought to reflect the uncommon degree of craft and care that goes into creating this blend by developing delicate floral filigree to wrap the label.
The bespoke wordmark picks out a sprig of white heather at its heart to showcase its preciousness, with embossing adding a luxurious level of tactility to the final label.
The White Heather brand was acquired in 2017 from Pernod Ricard and traditionally sat at the lower end of the market. The brand was on sale from 1960 to the 80s when it was abandoned before its reincarnation now as a limited edition premium blend, with only 2000 bottles made available.
- Agency/Creative: Thirst Craft
- Article Title: Whisky as Rare as White Heather Blended Scotch Whisky Packaging Design by Thirst Craft
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Branding, Packaging Design, Rebranding, Research
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle
- Keywords: WBDS Agency Design Awards 2021/22