Vita Coco Juice has a bold tropical flavor. So does its packaging.
Just in time for summer, leading coconut water brand Vita Coco has released its first ever juice. Inspired by the enthusiasm and human warmth of hand-painted signage, the packaging design by Nessen Co seeks to to evoke the tropics without relying on tired tropical packaging tropes. You won’t find any sunsets and or beaches here. Balancing contemporary design and traditional influences, the packaging uses custom typography in various painted styles stacked atop each other on a clean white background. The packaging’s subtle, hand-paint textures add an imperfect charm to. Each Vita Coco Juice flavor features unique folk-art inspired ingredient illustrations that one would expect to find painted on the side of a bodega. Available in both coconut pulp and mango flavors, Vita Coco Juice will be sold in conveniences stores like 7-Eleven on the East Coast and Southeast of the United States and contains coconut water responsibly sourced from small family farms in Southeast Asia and Brazil.
- Agency/Creative: Nessen Co
- Article Title: Vita Coco Juice Packaging Design by Nessen Co
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: Brooklyn
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Packaging Design
- Format: Can
- Substrate: Metal
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: tropical, juice, coconut, CPGs, packaging design, typography, hand-lettering
Designer: Phillip Nessen