Galeria Index aims to document, promote and exhibit the artistic production in Brasília. Proposing curatorial strategies that create a dialogue between different generations with different cultural perspectives, having as main focus the stimulus to artistic practices characterised by conceptualism with an emphasis on the process.
Galeria Index operates in the primary and secondary art market, commercialising both established and new artists, the last all come from Brazilia and/or the center-west region of Brazil, its audience ranges from Brasilia Federal District to Sao Paulo and abroad Brazil.
Galeria Index started as an online gallery but it went beyond, digital and real met blurring the boundaries of what is what, the main goal was to build a digital-first brand identity, but that could also spread to the real world.
The brand comes from an internet aesthetics-inspired appearance, as seen with a bold use of a vibrant digital green. For typography, we chose an essentially Brazilian font. Vinila da Flora de Carvalho e Plau was chosen for its body and peculiarity, both representing the solidity of Brasilia and the contemporaneity of the new artists. Its distinction comes from having powerful ink traps that range from elegant and flexible in the lightest styles to imposing and impactful in the heaviest styles.
For the website, we created an experience that conveys the idea of an index, with a layout that can contain a lot of information and uses dividers to organize the compositions, clearly inspired by the old books on the yellow list; we imagine an index from A to Z, with all the artists and their works, representing the zeitgeist of the local scene and creating a way to discover everything at once.
There is also a simple way to navigate, with a direct navigation system available at the top, allowing users to have a more traditional navigation and predominantly white layouts, with an emphasis on promoting the artist and his works.
Working together with manufatura, they were responsible for the whole strategy and conceptualisation, while we were responsible for translating these ideas into visual concepts and develop them further. We delivered Branding/Identity, Website, Advertising, Posters/Flyers, Mobile and Exhibition/Installation
7. The bold use of color and typography was keen to achieve an original brand identity, also the way old inspiration like old yellow telephone books helped us to imagine a new kind of digital experience, which develops the brand further creating a different way to navigate, which at the end, became the trade mark for the project.
- Agency/Creative: Twoo
- Article Title: Visual Identity, Website Design and Development for Galeria Index by Twoo
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Spain
- Market Region: South America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Research, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Entertainment