SOYA is a vegan festival for those who are into veggie philosophy or just starting their way on it.
This fest is not just a regular food market, where everyone could buy any vegan goods and food, but it is also an educational space that involves people to dive deeper into veganism as a lifestyle. Through lectures and workshops you could find out how the vegan marketing works, where to recycle wasted batteries or learn 10 vegan lunch recipes.
It is so off the mark that veganism is just about vegetable nutrition. The care of the environment is one of the most significant points vegans stand for. The manual goods producing as the approach to save the resources enlarges the quality and does not causes the oversupply on market.
In this case plasticine has been chosen as medium for the visual constants – handmade fruits and vegetables. As far as just bought plasticine has a brick-like form, we need to manipulate its shape to make exactly what we need. Due to this fact, bright and textured handmade fruits and veggies turned out to be the metaphor for the manual goods producing, which is fun and full of creativity.
The fest lasts for three days and holds many activities, some of which are set in time. Therefore, I have decided to make table-like page proof so that the timetable could be properly scaled on different types of information carriers and non of the information gets lost.
Plasticine is perceived as a child growth attribute. To dilute this impression I have used a neat serif in combination with a squarish grotesque. That created a mix of rigorous typography and the kiddie graphic elements complementing each other and contributing the identity recognition . Moreover, the typography could be independently used without photos, which provides flexibility for different types of moquettes.
- Agency/Creative: Alfiya Zaripova
- Article Title: Visual Identity for The Vegan Festival Soya by Student Alfiya Zaripova
- Organisation/Entity: Student
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Non Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Russia
- Agency/Creative City: Moscow
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Design, Design, Graphic Design, Identity System, Packaging Design, Typography
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: Art Direction, Brand Design, Branding, Design, Graphic Design, Identity System, Typography, Vegan, Festival, Plasticine, Vegetables, Fruits
Designer: Alfiya Zaripova
Tutor: Leonid Slavin