Umm Salal Sport Club is a Qatari professional association football team playing at the first level Qatar Stars League. It is based in Umm Salal. It used to be known as Al-Tadamun Sport Club. It is best known for being the first Qatari club to make it to the semi-finals of the AFC Champions League.
Barzan Towers “High Place”, also known as the Umm Salal Mohammed Fort Towers, are watchtowers that were built in the late 19th century and renovated in 1910 by Sheikh Mohammed bin Jassim Al Thani.They are located at the southern side of the defensive system established at the end of the 19th century and start of the 20th century to protect the ‘rawdat’, a valley where precious rainwater is collected when it flows down from higher ground. In Arabic “barzan” means “high place”.
The logo is inspired by the Barzan Towers, as we have simplified the shape and performed a door inside the castle, which means the door to universality.
- Agency/Creative: Sameh ElNahas
- Article Title: Umm Salal Sport Club Rebranding for Qatari SC Created by Sameh ElNahas
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Qatar
- Market Region: Middle East
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Redesign, Brand Refinement, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Rebranding
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: umm salal , qatar , doha , world cup , football , sport , sports , SC , Qsl