togethers.today — is a small one-page website with an illustrated interactive guide for breast self-exam.
Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month we (a creative duo of Maxim and Evgeniya) assumed it would be a good cause to create a friendly and easy guide to share with all who could care about it — women, men, anyone who have nipples, actually. That’s why characters in illustrations aren’t clearly showing gender and why we mention menstruation in both selections.
We tried to make illustrations not only practical but emotional as well, so they wouldn’t feel too medical and cold. Micro animations also helped make the whole experience a bit entertaining, so it’ll be nice just to scroll and remember this link for a suitable time. Pink ribbons and pink itself are widely known symbols of breast cancer awareness and we used them in pair with inky purple — again to make it more easygoing, like scribbles in your notebook with colored ink pens.
It pays back to learn your body, so try it, we got you covered here!
- Agency/Creative: Evgeniya Dyupina
- Article Title: Togethers – A Breast Cancer Illustrated Self-Exam
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Illustration
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Argentina
- Agency/Creative City: Buenos Aires
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Illustration, Web Design
- Industry: Health Care
- Keywords: breast cancer, cancer, Character design, Drawing, exam, Guide, ILLUSTRATION, pink, purple, free
Illustrator: Evgeniya Dyupina
Design and art direction: Maxim (Maksim) Aksenov
Photography: Kelly Sikkema/Unsplash
PP Radio Grotesk: Pangram Pangram®