Looking to expand their legendary portfolio with another inimitable proposition and increase their reach, Brooklyn Brewery partnered with Thirst to create yet another icon: a pilsner that celebrates the brewery’s ethos and disrupts the mainstream shelves around the world.
Working closely with the client team, we were tasked to build the new proposition from the ground up. From brand strategy to visual identity, we were on a quest to bring the Brooklyn vibe to the masses once more!
As a proud pioneer that always embraces difference, we knew that fitting in was not for us. So we took on the establishment in true Brooklyn style: by putting soul back into scale, and bringing craft, character and playful charisma to brave drinkers everywhere.
A true Beacon of Joy and a shortcut to the iconic NY cabs flying through the buzzing streets, the yellow brand colour is quick to catch your eye and instantly lift your spirit. Breaking through the busy aisles and firing up good times.
Inspired by the borough’s optimistic drive and its endlessly creative people, the doodle style is a celebration of individuality and unconstrained self-expression, homage to those who seek to live on the bright side and forge ahead with courage and determination.
Merging semiotics with symbolism, our aim was to build credibility in a refreshingly different way, creating a new icon to sit alongside the original Lager and bring Brooklyn’s unique craft to the masses both in taste and attitude. But don’t take our word for it – go grab a Pils and keep it crisp!
- Agency/Creative: Thirst Craft
- Article Title: Thirst Creates a New Beacon of Joy for Brooklyn Brewery Pilsner
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Agency/Creative City: Glasgow
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Strategy, Brand Tone of Voice, Brand World, Branding, Illustration, Packaging Design, Tone of Voice
- Format: Bottle, Can, Case
- Substrate: Glass Bottle, Metal
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Thirst, Brooklyn Brewery, Pilsner, Beer, Beer design,
Creative Director: Matt Burns