Thirst Craft create a nature and nurture-inspired range of wines for Born and Raised
After turning six, small batch, alternative wine producer Born and Raised wanted to mature its branding and define its story with the hopes of attracting new consumers.
Our target audience were 25-45 year olds who were frequent but not fanatical wine drinkers – people who like to experiment with unknown natural wines, but also love the social kudos of being able to recommend a favourite wine brand.
When it comes to natural wine, brands tend to take more of a creative chaos approach, producing a new piece of artwork for every label. This can stop strong brands from being established, and encourage consumers to flit between brands, rather than exploring within a range they know and trust.
The challenge with Born and Raised was to build a strong brand image that keeps the covetability and collectability of natural wine, while building recognition and loyalty.
A product of their origins, environment and upbringing, Born and Raised wines are the result of nature and nurture. This story heavily informed our brand system: one part raw, rugged ‘natural’ texture made from watercolour, pastels or ink; and one part perfect, refined, ‘nurtured’ shape.
To reward the curious, this theme continues into each wine’s descriptors. Grape varietals and origins are detailed under ‘born’, while the winemakers’ methods are revealed under ‘raised’. Paired with evocative colour palettes, punchy variant names and a playful brandmark, this endlessly flexible system is both bold and beautiful.
- Design Agency: Thirst Craft
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Thirst Craft create a nature and nurture-inspired range of wines for Born and Raised
- Brand / Project Name: Thirst Craft re-brands Born & Raised Wines
- Creative Director: Matt Burns
- Designer: Senior Designer: Melissa Preston
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Product Architecture
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Branding, Brand Redesign, Graphic Design, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Experience, Rebranding
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: Australia
- Market Region: Oceania
- Product Category: Wine
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass