Didsbury Gin is created by Liam Manton and Mark Smallwood with a shared sense of humour and their very own craft gin to wow gin lovers with. After a successful pitch on Dragons’ Den, they needed a new brand that would help their gin stand out from the crowd.
Inspired by Didsbury in Manchester and the brand owners’ optimism, we chose ‘Spirit of life’ as the design strategy. With ‘D’ for Didsbury as the central holding device, consumers are invited through this window to make their own journey of discovery.
The brand mark hits you right between the eyes – Strong, lively and visually arresting. Simple and welcoming, the ‘D’ acts as the gateway into a range of fresh, vibrant and zesty gins, aided by colour coding across the different variants. Single-minded yet flexible, the brand mark has the adaptability to accommodate new variants and even extensions beyond gin.
In this project, we have worked on Visual identity; Messaging; Packaging and Website.
Since the relaunch, Didsbury has gained listings in Harvey Nichols, Selfridges and JD Wetherspoon, with 300% growth increase and 750% increase on net worth.
- Agency/Creative: Studio More
- Article Title: The Multi-million Pound Gin Mission for Didsbury Gin by Studio More
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Packaging Design, Product Architecture, Rebranding, Retail Brand Design, Tone of Voice
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle