Knives Out is a critically acclaimed, Oscar-nominated mystery film written and directed by Rian Johnson. A modern whodunit, the film follows a family gathering gone awry, after the family patriarch’s death leads master detective Benoit Blanc (Daniel Craig) to investigate.
The director, Rian Johnson, was inspired by the memorable typography of classic Agatha Christie novels. We created a custom typographic homage to these novels, complete with sinister serifs and devilish details. The title treatment was used in the film, and its worldwide advertising campaign.
We collaborated with artist Zachary Johnson on the illustrated cast end credits, and a limited collector’s edition poster. Following the film’s release, we designed the album art for Nathan Johnson’s original motion picture soundtrack.
- Agency/Creative: The Made Shop
- Article Title: The Made Shop Creates Title Treatment for Mystery Film Knives Out
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Research
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: Film, mystery, Agatha Christie, whodunit, typography, lettering, painting, illustration, album art, cover art, poster, movie, soundtrack, detective