Cookies by mail. Yep, that’s right! Levain Bakery’s famous 6-ounce cookies can be shipped just about any anywhere in the US. Freshly baked, straight from NYC. Only now, it arrives with a charming new design that compliments the cookie gifting experience.
The Creative Pack worked with the beloved cookie brand to create an eye-catching shipper, printed in Levain Bakery’s signature blue color, is one any Levain cookie lover can recognize a mile away. Wrapped around with a ribbon, as if saying ‘this gift was carefully packed for you.’ Upon opening, you’re greeted with a friendly message, ‘Sharing something truly delicious can change your day. And day by day, it can change the world. Baked with love in NYC.’, as well as the cookie lover’s parade illustration, showcasing a variety of customers who regularly line up for a taste of the bakery’s treats.
Sold in packs of four, the greatest design challenge was creating a structural system sturdy enough to support and protect the heavy product during shipment, but delicate enough to make it feel like a special gift. For cost effectiveness, a universal insert was designed to fit seamlessly inside the smallest box size, which could also be used for the medium and large boxes, as stack quantities increased. This streamlined the packing process, as Levain wanted to maintain the hand-packed nature of their fulfillment process. The launch of this design allowed people to easily share a little sweetness and joy with loved ones.
- Agency/Creative: The Creative Pack
- Article Title: The Creative Pack Designs Levain Bakery E-commerce
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: Los Angeles
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Experience, Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Structural Design
- Format: Box
- Substrate: Pulp Board
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Levain Bakery Cookie Packaging Ecommerce Design Packaging
Illustration: Libby VanderPloeg
Photography: Kate Previte
Client: Levain Bakery
Creative Director: Danielle Beal
Designer Team: Paola Ip, Heather Storie & Emma Tung