Summer Olympics Posters
A series of posters dedicated to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics. Inspired by the poster of fabulous Japanese graphic designer – Yusaku Kamekura (1964). Perhaps most well known for his work for the Tokyo 1964 Olympics, he combined modernist principles and typography with the Japanese cultural heritage through the simplistic combination of the words “Tokyo 1964”, the olympic rings and the sun from the Japanese flags. His work for the Olympics also marked the first time that photography was used to promote the event. Another success of equal magnitude was his poster design for the 1970 Expo in Osaka, which won several national and international design awards.
We changed the color and made it more modern.
- Design Agency: Natalia Martirosova
- Organisation/Project Type: Freelance, Non Published Concept Design
- Article Title: Summer Olympics Posters
- Brand / Project Name: 2020 Summer Olympics
- External Design Credits: Designer Natalia Martirosova
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand World, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Illustration, Graphic Design
- Service Brand Application: Outdoor Media, Presentation, Print Advertising, Print Promotion, Print Publication
- Location: Russia
- Market Country: Russia
- Market Region: Global
- Project Keywords: Olympics, Japan, Posters, Tokyo
- Industry Category: Health Care